Monday, December 10, 2018

december 10

George Bernard Shaw was a famous author who wrote more than sixty plays and won a Nobel Peace Prize for his writing.  He was known for having a pretty sharp wit, and at some point he decided to take teachers down a peg by saying, "Those who can't do, teach."

Now, I love a good saying as much as anyone, and heaven knows some teachers earn more respect than others, but it just so happens that Shaw was dead wrong.  Before I prove it to you, however, two questions:

1. If you could pick one teacher to do the work s/he assigns, who would it be?  Why?

2. What do you think is easier-- doing something well or teaching someone else to do it?  Why?

AGENDA:
1. Journal
2. Fahrenheit 451 essay by an author I know really well
3. Notes on writing essays & gathering evidence for the essay final

TONIGHT:
Know thy lit terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you

As often as I say it, I feel like I don't say it often enough: Thank You. Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness...